East Texas Road Trip Guide
Cool Off in the Big Thicket – Stay at Papa’s Farm
Families are scrambling to make vacation plans that include opportunities to keep cool.
The Big Thicket region in East Texas has become a go to option for families for generations.
If you’re looking to explore the Big Thicket on your next road trip, schedule a stay at Papa’s Farm. Centrally located to regional activities and entertainment, you’ll have exclusive access to a nine acre farm.
In season, guests are welcome to help yourselves to fresh garden produce, oranges, pecans, and berries.
You’ll have a perfect home base for enjoying:
- A cool (relatively) night hike through The Big Thicket guided by rangers.
- Lake Tejas’ assortment of water slides, diving platforms, and picnic areas
- Dam B and it’s many state and federal parks with boat ramps, canoe and kayak rentals, and world class fishing (bass, catfish, perch, crappie). If you are traveling with younger children, introduce them to fishing for rainbow trout at the stocked pond in Magnolia Ridge.
When you come back, you’ll have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room, fully stocked kitchen, and large living area to enjoy with your family.
Explore East Texas and the Big Thicket this year and create wonderful memories with your family.
We are confidant that you will be back!
When you are, check out SETXFamily.com for new activity recommendations.
Stay tuned for more events and entertainment opportunities for moms and families.
- Daryl Fant, Publisher. com and Southeast Texas Family Magazine
- Call for advertising information: (512) 567-8068
We enjoy bringing you news and information you can use.