Southeast Texas Family Vacation Planning Guide
Introducing Papa’s Farm – Big Thicket Region
Deep East Texas is home to lots of great adventure opportunities:
- Explore the Big Thicket with night hikes, ranger led canoe excursions, or on a quest to find East Texas’ carnivorous plants.
- Fish on Dam B for rainbow trout (in a stocked pond) or bass, white perch, and catfish in the big lake or in the Angelina and Neches Rivers.
- Visit Village Creek – one of the nation’s top 10 canoe and kayaking destinations.
Papa’s Farm in Spurger is a great home base when you’re exploring all The Big Thicket region has to offer.
You will have exclusive use of the large family home on nine acres. In season, your kids are welcome to pick oranges, figs, berries, fresh vegetables, or pecans.
At night, enjoy story time around a camp fire or share family memories in the large living room.
Do you have a big family? Papa’s Farm comfortably sleeps eight.
- Three bedrooms / five beds
- Two full bathrooms
- Full kitchen: oven, full size refrigerator and freezer, stove, large microwave, toaster oven. All pots/ pans/ dishes available.
Have a great family vacation exploring The Big Thicket region this year.
Stay tuned for more road trip ideas.
Would you like help advertising your business, church, organization, or an upcoming event? Let’s talk!
- Daryl Fant, Publisher Southeast Texas Family Magazine
- (512) 567-8068