Are you looking for a holiday food drive in Beaumont?
Donate at the Spindletop Museum through 12/15/19
Many families are actively seeking ways to give to others during the Christmas season.
A food drive is a great, tangible, way to introduce children to community service.
You can take them with you to HEB or Brookshire Brothers with you and let them pick out some products they’d like to donate to others.
One thing to remember is that this is a special time of year, so if you are able to donate items that feel special. Try to choose food items the family that receives them may not have access to during the year.
- A cake mix and container of icing
- A block of Velveeta and can of Ro-tel tomatoes for queso
- Can of deluxe mixed nuts or bag of pistachios
- Sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, pie filling, or other holiday baking items
- Hershey’s kisses or miniatures for stocking stuffers
- Bundle your personal Chex Mix or Texas Trash recipe with the items they will need to make it for their family.
When you are ready to make your food drive drop off, head to Lamar Campus for the Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum.
They will get everything to the Southeast Texas Food Bank for distribution to needy families across the Golden Triangle.
For every three items (canned goods or non-perishable food items) your family donates, you will receive a free admission to the Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum.