Big Thicket Visitor Guide
Introducing Papa’s Farm – Big Thicket Region
East Texas has lots of great adventure opportunities:
- Discover the Big Thicket through a range of hiking opportunities (including guided), ranger led kayaking excursions, or to explore diverse flora and fauna including carnivorous plants (don’t miss the Pitcher Plant Trail).
- Fish on Dam B for rainbow trout (in a stocked pond) or large math and Kentucky bass, crappie, and catfish in the big lake or in the Angelina and Neches Rivers.
- Drift nearby Village Creek – one of the nation’s top 10 canoe and kayaking locations.
Are you looking for a more leisurely trip? Enjoy antiquing and great restaurants in Jasper, Woodville, and Silsbee. The area is known for quilting, chicken fried steak, and homemade desserts.
Papa’s Farm in Spurger is a great alternative to a traditional hotel when you’re exploring The Big Thicket region.
Your family and friends will have exclusive use of the large family home on nine acres. In season, your group is welcome to pick oranges, figs, berries, fresh vegetables, or pecans (no additional fees – enjoy!).
Do you have a large family? Papa’s Farm comfortably sleeps eight.
- Three bedrooms / five beds
- Two full bathrooms
- Full kitchen: oven, full size refrigerator and freezer, stove, large microwave, toaster oven. All pots/ pans/ dishes available.
Have a great family getaway exploring The Big Thicket region this year.
Stay tuned to SETXFamily.com for more road trip ideas.
Would you like help advertising your business, church, organization, or an upcoming event? Let’s talk!
- Daryl Fant, Publisher Southeast Texas Family Magazine & SETXFamily.com
- (512) 567-8068
We enjoy helping you find events, activities, and resources for families in East Texas and The Golden Triangle.